Call for Papers
Parallel, Distributed, and Network-Based Processing has undergone impressive change over recent years. New architectures and applications have rapidly become the central focus of the discipline. These changes are often a result of cross-fertilisation of parallel and distributed technologies with other rapidly evolving technologies. It is of paramount importance to review and assess these new developments in comparison with recent research achievements in the well-established areas of parallel and distributed computing, from industry and the scientific community. PDP 2018 will provide a forum for the presentation of these and other issues through original research presentations and will facilitate the exchange of knowledge and new ideas at the highest technical level.
Topics of interest include, but are not restricted to:
- Parallel Computing: massively parallel machines; embedded parallel and distributed systems; multi- and many-core systems; GPU and FPGA based parallel systems; parallel I/O; memory organisation.
- Distributed and Network-based Computing: Cluster, Grid, Web and Cloud computing; mobile computing; interconnection networks.
- Big Data: large scale data processing; distributed databases and archives; large scale data management; metadata; data intensive applications.
- Models and Tools: programming languages and environments; runtime support systems; performance prediction and analysis; simulation of parallel and distributed systems.
- Systems and Architectures: novel system architectures; high data throughput architectures; service-oriented architectures; heterogeneous systems; shared-memory and message-passing systems; middleware and distributed operating systems; dependability and survivability; resource management.
- Advanced Algorithms and Applications:
distributed algorithms; multi-disciplinary
applications; computations over irregular domains;
numerical applications with multi-level parallelism;
real-time distributed applications.
Paper submission: 15th Sep 2017
Acceptance notification: 13th Oct 2017
Camera ready due: 17nd Nov 2017
Conference: 21th - 23th Mar 2018
Submission of PapersProspective authors should submit a full paper not exceeding 8 pages in the IEEE Conference proceedings format (IEEEtran, double-column, 10pt) to the conference main track or to Special Sessions through the EasyChair conference submission system (http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=pdp2018) with an indication of the main track or the name of the Special Session.
Double-bind review: the first page of the paper should not contain authors names and affiliations; in the reference list, references to the authors' own work entries should be substituted with the string "omitted for blind review".
PublicationAll accepted papers will be included in the same volume, published by the Conference Publishing Services (CPS). The Final Paper Preparation and Submission Instructions will be published after the notification of acceptance.--> Authors of accepted papers are expected to register and present their papers at the Conference. Conference proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in Xplore and the CSDL, and for indexing, among others, to DBLP, Scopus ScienceDirect, and ISI Web of Knowledge.
ContactFor any request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Ivan Merelli [Web ] -- Istituto di Tecnologie Biomediche, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Italy
Pietro Liò [Web ] -- Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge, UK
Igor Kotenko [Web ] -- SPIIRAS, ITMO University, St. Petersburg, Russia